Friday, January 27, 2012

Driving to Fort Polk Army Base from Houston--Google maps says to take LA-467?

But from the looks of the map, it doesnt look familiar from when i went there the first time.

Is LA-467 the road off of which you turn to the left to go into the main gates? Im a little confused on the directions...Driving to Fort Polk Army Base from Houston--Google maps says to take LA-467?
Hi.. I actually just got back from Fort polk, LA. and I am from the baytown area. right by houston.. I took I-10 East until you get to lake charles, LA. and then from there you get on 171 north, and its a straight shot up to fort polk.. just look for signs on the road that tell you when to turn into fort polks gates.. Its easy can't miss it.. Be careful cause the first gate is for army trucks and things and then the second one you come to will be for visitors and all others.. Just follow signs.. when your on 171 north, once you get into the town of deridder, just keep watching signs cause it can get confusing, but stay on 171 north till you get to fort polk.. and its not long after deridder.. Good luck.. I had a great time there.. Great peopleDriving to Fort Polk Army Base from Houston--Google maps says to take LA-467?
According to google earth



Take I-10 to US171 go North towards Shreveport/Deridder

Continue on E1st/ US171/ US190 (1.9miles)

turn Right at Pine and go 12.9 miles



Turn Right at Forestry/ La 10 go 3.6 miles



Turn Left at Alabama ave



I think this should bring yoou to the main gates but I'm not sure. I've been out there twice but I was comming from the oppsite direction very late at night.



Does that sound more like the route you went the first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment