Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Driving San Antonio to Manhattan, where should I stop?

Question for anyone who has driven this before, where (cities) should I stop (to sleep) and how long do you think it would take to drive if I stopped at hotels for the night (not driving straight through)? What was your itinerary? Google directions say it's a 1 day, 6 hour drive (1829 miles), so it doesn't seem too bad. I should expect to be traveling for 2 days?



I should mention I'd have a U-Haul and I'd need recommendations for pet friendly places as I'd have my dog. I would rather fly but I am relocating and I am taking my furniture (enough to fit in a small u-haul) with me. It's cheaper than hiring a company as it's not enough to require a huge truck but it would be too costly to ship.Driving San Antonio to Manhattan, where should I stop?
Expect to take 4 days with stops to eat and to let the dog out, traffic delays such as construction, traffic jams and accidents.



I plan my driving for 6 hours a day and it usually takes longer. I plan on staying where a hotel is if I drove for 6 hours and made it on time.



All La Quinta's are pet friendly.



If you can, get a lock that is bump proof or use a good combination lock on the U-Haul.Driving San Antonio to Manhattan, where should I stop?
Pet Friendly (not the same as hotels that accepts) are listed below.

http://411newyork.org/guide/2007/04/26/p鈥?/a> (Hotels)



Please make sure your pets are tagged with a microchip before leaving.

Should you get separated on the trip, it will be easier to reunite you both.

If you have a dachshund, there are 3 events per year in NY that they can attend.

http://411newyork.org/guide/2009/03/26/d鈥?/a>



Safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment