Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Can I use a Google driving directions printout as proof of my miles to the job?

I do housekeeping and odd jobs to get buy financially. I made a little over $500 last yeat. I know i have to file a Sched. C. Can I count my miles to and from the jobs? Can I use a google printout showing miles to the site from my house? I only get one job in a day and it's what I do to help pay my bills. I couldn't have gotten bye without it. Not sure what to do here cause I didn't write down mileage from car......i'm a bit ADHD and hard to stay organized that way.Can I use a Google driving directions printout as proof of my miles to the job?
while the Google or MapQuest report would be fine, there is an issue of deducting the mileage at all.



Yes, you're self-employed in housekeeping. but, no -- the primary place of business isn't your house, it is where you render the service [you never had any expectation otherwise]. that means the mileage is commuting mileage and not deductible.
That's a wonderful idea!Can I use a Google driving directions printout as proof of my miles to the job?
mileage from your home to your first place of work is not deductible, the mileage to other jobs, errands etc would be but driving from home to the place you work is commuting and never deductibleCan I use a Google driving directions printout as proof of my miles to the job?
It's not a bad idea but commuting to work is never deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment