Monday, February 6, 2012

Having trouble with a virus (greenav)?

So there is this fake antivirus software that i accidently got onto my computer. It is called GreenAV. From what i can see it isn't too dangerous, but obviously i would want to get any viruses off of my computer. I notice so far that it gives me little pop ups on near the tool bar at the top of my page warning me that my computer is at risk, temporarily blocks safe webpages for phishing (of which redirect you to the greenav website if u click on a link), and redirect google searches ivolving the keywords antivirus or greenav. When i type either of those keywords i see the true google searches warning me about greenav appear for a split second and then disappear to show promotions for this fake software.



Now i have read other yahoo answers on this exact same subject. So far here is what i have done: Downloaded malwarebytes and superantispyware and scanned for viruses. They did find many infected files and i deleted them. This has decreased the frequency of popups and blocks, but they are still there and google is still redirrected with these keywords. I also tried to manually do this by going into my c drive, turning on hidden folders, and deleting any files that i could find under "program files" or what i could search that said greenav.exe (i also emptied the recycle bin). Still this did not solve the problem. However, i have heard that i should delete any gav.exe folders or mrgrdll.exe, but i couldnt find any. Also i have heard that doing this manually takes a lot more work than what i did (involving blocking the greenav website and many other things). However, i am not really sure how to do this and the instructions on how to do so did not match my computer layout and were hard to follow. I have Windows Vista, and i read a yahoo answers specifically for os and i still found it hard to follow and different from my hardrive layout. Anything else i can try or better manual directions? I would google this myself but unfortunately the keyword greenav redirects it :( This has really got me stumpedHaving trouble with a virus (greenav)?
Go for Quick Heal Total Security

It will Scan your Boot Records, System Memory Etc. before installing.

After installing run a full Scan

it will repair corrupted files.
Green Antivirus 2009 (manual removal)



1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to start Task Manager and end the following process:



greenav2009.exe



2. Search for and delete the following file:



greenav2009.exeHaving trouble with a virus (greenav)?
browser hijackers

CWShredder



http://free.antivirus.com/cwshredder/







Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/answer鈥?/a>



also Adware

http://www.lavasoft.com/index.phpHaving trouble with a virus (greenav)?
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-green-an鈥?/a>



and get windows defender also !

Good Luck
try this free malware removal tool : http://www.thestubware.com/malware_remov鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment