Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is it wise to commute from eastern Baltimore County to the University of Maryland at College Park every day?

I'm finishing my AA at CCBC this spring, and am transferring into the journalism program at UMCP in the fall. I haven't been able to save money for school, but handling tuition should be easier through benefits from a parent's employer. I'm deliberating driving there to class, which Google Maps pegs as a drive lasting a little over an hour. I've had several different individuals relate that the commute would be no sweat and take perhaps at most 45 minutes in each direction, with others seeming to dismiss the notion as entirely unfeasible due to traffic. I'd be living at home if so, with my only concerns being the lack of a private workspace and distance from events and points of interest I may have to attend in higher level courses - for example, I know one higher 400 level course requires students to access the National Archives in nearby D.C. Is regularly making, say, a 9:30 class on a weekday feasible if one were to leave at 8:00 am?Is it wise to commute from eastern Baltimore County to the University of Maryland at College Park every day?
Traffic is terrible.
  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment