Monday, February 6, 2012

Sat nav software for mobile phone..?

Is there any java-based sat nav software for non Palm OS/Symbian phones (I have a W800i) that allows you to store the maps locally on a memory card etc, instead of having to connect to a server?



I've trawled Google for ages and come up with loads of products which store the maps, but only work on Palm OS/Symbian, and loads which work with my phone, but need to connect every time you calculate a route.



The only thing close I've found is http://www.i10n.com/ , but this doesn't give you directions as you drive.



Does anyone know of any suitable programs, or if anyone like TomTom is planning on developing something similar?Sat nav software for mobile phone..?
Not that I know of. I heard recently that TomTom made an exclusive release saying they will not be developing anything for Symbian (which ruled the Nokia n95 out), their market is still very slim in mobile phones.

Have u tried the usual ones? 'Maps', 'Mobile GMaps' etc?

Sorry unable to help you mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment