Thursday, February 9, 2012

How much is the I-290 W Exit 7 toll in Mass?

I'm planning a trip to NYC (driving from Durham, NH) and Google maps is telling me on I-290 W toward Worcester to take Exit 7 for I-90/Mass Pike (partial TOLL ROAD)...but I can't find the cost of this toll.



The next direction is to Follow signs for I-90 W/Springfield/Albany and merge onto I-90 W (TOLL ROAD)

then Take Exit 9 and merge onto I-84 W toward US-20/Hartford/New York City (partial TOLL ROAD) after which I will take exit 20 toward I-684



The MassDOT Highway toll web page told me my Mass Turnpike toll costs will be $1.10 (using exit 8 toward I-84) but I'm sure that doesn't cover all three of those toll roads mentioned above. Can someone help me figure out how much these tolls are going to cost me in a regular 2 axle car?How much is the I-290 W Exit 7 toll in Mass?
I just entered Durham, NH to New York, NY into Google Maps.



The three steps that say "PARTIAL TOLL ROAD" in Massachusetts are all on the same road. I-90 is the toll road in MA. You go through a toll booth when you get on I-90 from I-290 and either pick up a ticket or use your EZ-Pass. And you go through another toll booth when you get off I-90 and onto I-84, and if you have an EZ-Pass, it'll charge that. If you have a ticket, give it to the person in the booth and they'll tell you how much you owe, based on how far you traveled.



So the MassDOT highway website tells you it'll cost $1.10, that's how much it should. It's one road. It's not three separate toll roads.How much is the I-290 W Exit 7 toll in Mass?
I don't know the rate scale anymore (EZ Pass), but would suggest you avoid the congestion on Worchester by using I-495 to I-90 west. I-90 to x7, I-84 then south. Toll should be around $5 for that longer stretch, but the driving easier. If you are going down to I-95, don't forget 15 at Hartford to I-91 south.

No comments:

Post a Comment