Friday, February 3, 2012

How to get from Columbia SC to Myrtle Beach SC PLEASE HELP!!!?

Me and my friends are going down there to vist some people and im here in Columbia South Carolina and i wanna No how to get to Myrtle Beach do we go on I-20 or I-26 and how long a drive is it i need real directions and dont tell me to go on google maps or anything like that PLEASE HELPPP!!! MEHow to get from Columbia SC to Myrtle Beach SC PLEASE HELP!!!?
Taking 20East all the way to Myrtle Beach would be good if I-20 came to Myrtle Beach, but it doesn't. I-20 ends abruptly in Florence which is a little over an hour away. There is no interstate highway into Myrtle Beach yet. There is on some maps (planned construction) and we're going to get one some day, but there's not one here yet.



From Columbia, take I-20 East to Florence. Then I-95 North to exit 170 (327 S). Then Hwy 301/76/501 all the way into Myrtle Beach.



Drive time should be just over 3 hours depending on where in Columbia you are and where in Myrtle Beach you want to be.



People that tell you they can make the drive in 2 hours (I've heard it a lot) are either confused or driving over 80MPH average. It's 160 miles. Getting nailed in East Podunk small-town for speeding will add hours to your travel time and considerably to your budget.



Weather's great, water's nice, the crowds have thinned, and rooms are cheap - come on down and see us.



Note: I-26 goes to Charleston from Columbia. You could go that way and come up Hwy 17 but it would be the really long way to get here. It would be about 4.5 hours that way and around 210 miles. It looks good on the map but Hwy 17 isn't an interstate and it can take a little while to just get through Charleston.



If you happen to live south of Columbia (between Lexington and St Matthews) then the fast way would be to take I-26 south to I-95 and then I-95 up to exit 170 as above.How to get from Columbia SC to Myrtle Beach SC PLEASE HELP!!!?
Just for fun I looked it up and it says from Columbia to Myrtle Beach take 20 East all the way there, and it'll take a little under three hours. The map shows 26 going way south of there so don't get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment