Monday, February 6, 2012

Uhaul screwed me but I don't know how to prove it.?

So I rented a Uhaul truck for the day to pick up a couch. My GPS and google directions both said it was 66 miles. 33 from the store to destination, and 33 back. We went around the block once, so you can add a mile if you'd like, but really, it was a small fraction of a mile. I returned the truck and was charged for 99 miles.. I thought it was off and had asked the worker to verify the milage once more. He did and was certain I had driven the truck 99 miles.. So once more, I did the drive in my car to make sure I wasn't mistaken, and it was indeed a 66 mile trip. Driving around the block included.. I am not interested in suing and making my millions, I promise, I just feel this isn't right. I went back to the store and asked to speak with a manager and was simply told "the milage is correct, you drove 99 miles." Yet, I didn't.



Any advice? Is there any way I can prove I was charged for miles I did not use?

Thanks.Uhaul screwed me but I don't know how to prove it.?
I may not be very helpful but like the group that sued blockbuster I wish a group of ppl would get together against this ripoff company. I also used them against many words not to and my better judgement. I did not have the mileage complaint that you had however, I did have to fight tooth and nail not to be charged for the stupid trolly (there was no warning of extra cost anywhere in the store) and I found extra charges that were not explained to me earlier. They truly have sh**y trucks and are a scam.

I realize I have not helped you but I would gladly like to see you team up legally with others to prove they are doing things outside the law and if they get creamed once they might start behaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment