Monday, February 6, 2012

Not from around HOUSTON. Whats the safest way to get to Warehouse Live?? Please help!!!?

I will be in town for a concert and will be coming from around the airport area so have to take I-45 N, if that gives you an idea where ill be coming from. I'm not familiar with the Houston area but the Mapquest or Google map directions differ from warehouse live's website direction, which is a little less clear. I was wondering if any natives could tell me what areas to avoid and such?



When I was google mapping and looking at the street images, i dont say this to offend, but a lot of the neighborhood areas around warehouse live look really sketchy. I dont want to put myself in a dangerous situation and I will have 1 other female with me. My fear is driving back from the venue at night time. I feel uncomfortable driving in the surrounding areas...



I was just wanting some tips so that I can choose the safest route.Not from around HOUSTON. Whats the safest way to get to Warehouse Live?? Please help!!!?
The best tip I can give you is to get there early %26amp; park in the parking lot that is right beside of Warehouse Live. You are correct in saying that the neighborhoods leave a lot to be desired and are somewhat dangerous for newcomers. Make sure your doors are locked %26amp; do not leave anything of value in sight when parking the car. I've went to Warehouse Live many times %26amp; have never had any problems there. Good luck.

http://www.warehouselive.com/
Hire a limo for the night. No worries about parking, getting lost or DUIs.Not from around HOUSTON. Whats the safest way to get to Warehouse Live?? Please help!!!?
We have 2 major airports in Houston. Since you're going north on 45, I assume you're flying into Hobby Airport. From Hobby, use these directions:



Take I-45 North toward Downtown Houston. Take I-10 East (Exit 48A). Take US-59 South (Exit 770A) and exit Hamilton Street. Stay on Hamilton Street until Rusk Street (which dead ends into the George R. Brown Convention Center). Turn Left on Rusk Street. Turn Right on St. Emanuel Street (the 1st street past Chartres - the feeder road for US-59 North). WAREHOUSE LIVE will be on the Left on St. Emanuel St, between Rusk %26amp; Walker.



From the airport, you're only about 40 minutes from the venue.Not from around HOUSTON. Whats the safest way to get to Warehouse Live?? Please help!!!?
In my opinion, the neighborhood you drive through is not the most important safety consideration, because you are inside the car. Instead, at least for me, the big issue is where you can park and be safe. I would call Warehouse Live and ask them about that. Do they have their own, lighted lot? Obviously, that would be best. If not, then where is the safest place for women by themselves to park? That question must come all all the time. Besides, safety is at least as much an issue for the employees as it is for you, since they are there every night. So if safety is an issue near the venue, it is going to be in their minds anyway.



Warehouse Live

(713) 225-5483



But if the route itself really concerns you anyway, keep in mind that you are renting a car, so you will have your answer right in front of you. The people who work at the car rental desks at the airport are accustomed to giving directions to people who have never been to the city before.



Just ask your question at the airport, and you will get both advice and a map (from their stock on the rental counter) that will illustrate their directions.



I hope this helps, and have a great time at the concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment